Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Favourite Book and Your Ex-Lover is Dead - by Stars

OK, two steps forward and one step back. You might have noticed the posts have slowed to a trickle... so none of the great and expansive blogs I have planned in my head have made it out of the keyboard in my mind as yet. I am hoping that I will be able to grab an evening this week and at least provide a more decent explanation...

In the meantime, I have been feasting on a lot of music lately. One band I had not heard of until recently is called Stars.  There are couple of their tunes I which have caught my ear which I shall blog about today.
StarsCover of Stars



According to Wiki


Stars is an indie pop band from Canada. Originally formed in Toronto by vocalist Torquil Campbell and keyboardist Chris Seligman, the band relocated to New York City and then subsequently to Montréal.
All members of the band are also members of the indie band Broken Social Scene, with whom they once shared a record label, Arts & Crafts. Campbell is an actor who has appeared on the television shows Sex and the City and Law & Order. Millan has released two solo albums, Honey from the Tombs in 2006 and Masters of the Burial in 2009.
 The band has a very soft, electronic-pop sound, which is light, breezy and cheerful despite the lyrical themes.   You can find out more and listen to all their tunes at the Stars official website.



Your Ex-Lover Is Dead

God that was strange to see you again
Introduced by a friend of a friend
Smiled and said 'yes I think we've met before'
In that instant it started to pour,
Captured a taxi despite all the rain
We drove in silence across Pont Champlain
And all of the time you thought I was sad
I was trying to remember your name...

This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin
Tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in
Now you're outside me
You see all the beauty
Repent all your sin

It's nothing but time and a face that you lose
I chose to feel it and you couldn't choose
I'll write you a postcard
I'll send you the news
From a house down the road from real love...

Live through this, and you won't look back...
Live through this, and you won't look back...
Live through this, and you won't look back...

There's one thing I want to say, so I'll be brave
You were what I wanted
I gave what I gave
I'm not sorry I met you
I'm not sorry it's over
I'm not sorry there's nothing to save

I'm not sorry there's nothing to save...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails