Sunday, November 15, 2009

Is it Half Finished or Half Yet to Write?



For those of you who have not been following my blog too much I feature today 2 pictures from my Toronto Liberty Village Condo and also 2 pictures from my Collingwood Georgian Bay Condo.  The first two are taken from my Toronto residence.  I have the most wonderful view of the downtown and of Lake Ontario from my bedroom window there .  These are Toronto at sunrise.

The last two pictures were taken this morning at my Collingwood Shangri-La.  I have been retreating here to write every weekend.  The weather is still warm, but we are "at the ready" here for winter.  All the boats have been taken out of the water at our little marina on Georgian Bay and are all tucked away snug in their winter berths.  I am sure snow will be in the forecast before the month is out!  I know the folks ready to escape to the Blue Mountain ski hills up here are praying for early snow.


NaNoWriMo - Half Way to the Finish Line!

In the tradition of the glass half full thinking - I was working full steam today to make sure I was at the midway point in my word count - 25,000 by the midway point  in the number of days - Nov 15th i.e. today.   I let out a big cheer when I reached this point at the noon hour!



I am feeling like I have climbed a mountain and having reached the peak, look down the other side and recognize that it might be a lot harder slog to go down than it was to go up.  I can see the other side of the mountain and the valley below signaling the finish line, but I do have an equal distance yet to travel. So, having felt a fleeting moment of achievement and joy, I am steeling myself to continue and finish my journey on this NaNoWriMo event.




It has been a lot more difficult to meet my writing targets on a daily basis.  Writing a novel is hard work even if writing generally comes easy and one has an expansive idea with lots of things to write about. 



With that I will take my leave and get back to my characters who need me to take them on the remainder of their 50,000 word journey.

1 comment:

  1. You are maintaining a positive outlook in regards to writing your novel; that is good. I wish you continued good luck with the next 25,000 words.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails