Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Subway Shenanians - Improv in Toronto - Subway Dance Party



Next Saturday, June 5th is the 4th Annual Toronto Subway Dance party.   This is as Wiki defines, a "Silent Disco", which is a type of Flash Mob.   The first identified Silent subway disco was held in the London Underground in 2006. Flash mob is a example of an Internet meme. See here for more blogs about internet memes.

From the Video, looks like it might be a bit of fun.  I might just trot along (or salsa along, more accurately), of course only if I don't retreat to my Collingwood Shangri-La for the weekend!  

Just as a point of interest, I could try out my fancy new "moves" I have been learning at the dancing lessons I have been taking.  LOL - but I think that those moves would be more appropriate for the annual "Salsa on St. Clair" weekend which is later in the summer.  I am still learning the steps and working on the the 1-2-3-...-5-6-7...  Might need til the summer to get good enough to want to flaunt my new moves.  LOL

If you want to join in or even just turn up to watch all the fun go to the Improv in Toronto site to check out the details.



According to Wiki:
A flash mob (or flashmob)[1] is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and pointless act for a brief time, then quickly disperse.[2] The term flash mob is generally applied only to gatherings organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails.
This is in fact a very tame subway goings on compared to others. I wrote about several others in an earlier blog.  I also found some other Videos of flash mobs which are kind of neat. .

For some real subway dance shenanigans have a peek at these ones!


1 comment:

  1. Watching the videos for these impromptu group dancing always make me smile. The dancers appear to have so much fun. I enjoy watching the non dancing peoples' reactions too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails