Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Return from Paradise

Again not a long blog - too much to catch up on this week and tomorrow night I am heading off to my Collingwood Shangri-La!  I thought I could at least share with you some photos of my trip.  I stayed at Melia Las Americas, which is located within the Veradero Golf Course.  Spent a lot of time at the beach, reading and sipping a Pina Colada.
From the Resort's Web site


This is one view from my hotel room. The "Xanadú" Mansion you see on the right is the Club House of the Varadero Golf Club. It was originally constructed in 1930 for French American millionaire Irenee Dupont de Nemours (of the Dupont Chemical Company) who built it as his retirement home. 



Pretty nice to wake up and see the ocean. 


Not that I spent much time in my room, but couldn't ask for a better view.

This is the Dupont Mansion as seen from the beach.
The Beach at Veradero can't be beat.
The water was amazingly blue.
I had a hard time trying to figure out what to do with my days.


A friend of mine preferred poolside.

The catamaran excursion to Cayo Blanco was great fun.


Cayo Blanco white sand paradise

Too soon my vacation was over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails