Monday, May 25, 2009

Last Week... Thursday Night Fun!

I have been busy and as a consequence for the next few days I will be catching you up with the goings on from the last week. There has been too much to put in one blog - and I am trying to learn to do shorter blogs...

On my Friday blog I mentioned the concert I went to on Thursday night. I did not give you the low down, since I was rushing up north - so here goes!

I had a spectacular Thursday night. Some time ago I had purchased tickets to the Sunnybrook Hospital Benefit concern called "One Night". The concert was held to raise funds for a new facility for Sunnybrook’s Women & Babies Program. A state-of-the-art new facility will be equipped with the latest technology, and is designed to provide mothers and babies – and their families – with much-needed comfort and privacy in addition to the best medical care in Canada.

The weather was fabulous and we walked over to Harbourfront and ate dinner at a patio by the lake. Afterwards we made our way to the concert and enjoyed first Sheryl Crow and then Sting, each do a set. They played all our favourites and it we were rocking and singing along with them the whole time!

The concert finished early enough (well, it wasn't really early, but...) we went over to a favourite club, the Reservoir Lounge (I think I have blogged about it before) to listen to some jazz. The band was great - they are a regular at the club, but they also had a special guest who was clearly someone well known in the jazz scene. Apparently he is here in Toronto for a while doing some other gig and may well be joining them again on occasion.



2 comments:

  1. I will say it again LUCKY you to see Sheryl Crow and Sting in concert! It sounds like you had a wonderful musical evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I am one lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails